A Red Bag Waste Disposal Company You Can Trust
It’s crucial to select a red bag waste disposal company that offers the expertise, timeliness, and outstanding service you deserve. BioMedical Waste Solutions provides comprehensive solutions across the country for hospitals, medical clinics, long-term care facilities, dental offices, and more.
|Low Cost, Reliable, Complaint|
|Grandfather in Your Rates|
|10,000+ Happy Clients|
We’re Proud Winners of the Top Medical Waste Management Services Company Award
Low Cost. Reliable. Compliant. Guaranteed.
Enjoy cost-effective medical waste disposal throughout Houston, Texas with actual fixed rates and no hidden fees. Clients save up to 83.6% with us versus other companies.
In just 14 years, we’ve grown to over 10,000+ happy clients in the State of Texas because we virtually guarantee timely and reliable pick-ups. You can count on us!
Compliance with State and Federal laws governing the proper disposal of medical waste is not a choice. Houston regulated medical waste is the law. We have you 100% covered.
Our Same Price Guarantee
Our “same price guarantee” is simple: When you sign up with us, we commit to NEVER raising your price. Ever.
Most biomedical waste disposal companies in Houston come in and promise a low-price, but then they raise your prices over time. For example, most Stericycle contracts will raise your pick-up prices every 9 months over 5 years! That’s almost 7 price raises and exponential cost increases!
We trust our guarantee makes it a no-brainer to work with us.
Yes, We Offer Red Bag Waste Disposal in Your Location
We also offer nationwide medical waste disposal.
Serving All Healthcare Providers
Medical Record Disposal Scheduling
PRN “As Needed”
The Importance of Red Bag Hazardous Waste Management
Quantity of Biohazardous Waste Produced
Hospitals in the United States produce over 5.9 million tons of medical waste annually, much of which is biohazardous, requiring special disposal methods.
Cost of Biohazardous Waste Disposal
The overall annual costs of waste management in healthcare facilities is $5,079,191, or approximately 50¢ to $1.00+ per pound.
Documents That Require Medical Record Shredding
In the realm of healthcare, nearly every document handled by practitioners or staff contains confidential data. The following documents require secure document destruction:
- Patient Insurance Details
- Imaging Reports (X-rays & MRI Scans)
- Medical Billing & Payment Information
- Medicaid and Affordable Care Act Data
- Vendor Agreements
- Financial Reports
- Tax Documents & Audit Records
- Financial Summaries
- Profit and Loss Statements
- Employee Information
- Payroll and HR Documents
- Social Security Numbers
Medical Waste Regulations You Need to Know
Safeguarding sensitive information is a legal obligation, not merely a recommendation. Stringent laws require the healthcare sector to protect personal identities, health records, and financial information diligently. Failure to comply can lead to severe fines. By employing secure document shredding services, you can ensure your practice meets these critical regulatory standards.
Regulated “Medical Waste“
Regulated “Medical Waste“
- Animal waste (waste from animals that have been intentionally exposed to pathogens)
- Bulk blood, bulk human blood, bulk human body fluids
- Microbiological waste
- Pathological waste
- Sharps (hypodermic needles)”
If your facility only produces “sharps”, you can rest assured that’s the majority of medical waste for facilities (~80% of our Houston clients also only produce “sharps” as their medical waste.)
Facilities of Regulated Medical Waste
Facilities of Regulated Medical Waste
Determining if your “facility” is required to properly dispose of your “medical waste” is a process of discerning what your facility is “not”, as per “30 TAC”:
“Health care-related facilities do not include:
(A) single or multi-family dwellings; and
(B) hotels, motels, or other establishments that provide lodging and related services for the public.”
If your facility is a “family dwelling” or an “establishment providing lodging for the public”, then follow these recommendations for safely disposing of sharps and syringes (GI-418.)
If your facility is not a “family dwelling” or an “establishment providing lodging for the public”, then you are required by law to properly dispose of medical waste.
100% OSHA Compliance Guaranteed.
Effective Houston, Texas medical waste disposal services are more than just “picking up your medical waste at a good price.” It’s about:
‹‹Excellent service and we never have to worry about compliance issues››
Dr. Young, Texas Health Center
Request a Quote in 10 Seconds!
Required information for an accurate quote 1 (713) 766-0014
What our clients say
‹‹It’s great to know we’re saving money, being compliant, and know I can find out at any time when my next pick-up is going to be››
Susan P. – Dental Office
Our Clients Choose Us Because…
We Never Raise Our Rates
With our “Same Price Guarantee,” we are committed to never raising your rates. Never! You won’t find this guarantee elsewhere. Other medical waste companies get you in the door by promising low prices, but then they raise their rates quite drastically over time. Instead, we’ll give you a fair price and then grandfather you into that price forever! That’s how we reward our loyal customers, and it’s why the average organization that hires us saves up to 83.6% with us.
We Have the Expertise You Need
Over 10,000 clients trust us to manage their biomedical waste because we’ve been doing this work for over 14 years. Our pickups are timely and reliable because we have so much experience with proper disposal of medical waste. We know all the ins and outs of the regulations so that you don’t have to stress about it. We’ll even train your team on OSHA and HIPAA compliance. Avoid the $70,000 fines per violation and put your trust in BioMedical Waste Solutions.
We Offer Comprehensive Solutions
You won’t have to hire multiple companies when you turn to us. We’ll handle your biohazardous waste disposal, sharps disposal, document destruction and shredding, red bag biomedical, pathological, and medical waste removal, infectious waste and sharps containers, OSHA and HIPPA compliance training, and more. BioMedical Waste Solutions is your one stop shop for everything related to medical waste management. Plus, we’ll customize our services to your needs.
Tips for Red Bag Waste Disposal Best Practices
In the United States, proper red bag waste disposal is not just a best practice but a regulatory necessity to ensure the safety of healthcare environments and the broader community.
Here are some tips for best practices in red bag biohazard waste removal:
- Meticulous segregation is paramount. Healthcare providers should be thoroughly trained to distinguish between red bag waste and other types of waste to prevent contamination and reduce unnecessary disposal costs. Red bag waste typically includes items saturated with blood or bodily fluids, sharps, and pathological waste.
- Secure and labeled containment is critical. Red bags should be sturdy, leak-proof, and marked with the universal biohazard symbol. They must be stored in a rigid container during accumulation to prevent punctures or leaks.
- Regular and timely disposal schedules are crucial to prevent over-accumulation, which can increase the risk of infection and accidents. Partnering with a certified medical waste removal company that complies with OSHA standards, as well as state and local regulations, is essential.
- Proper biohazard waste training and updates on the latest regulations can not only improve safety but also ensure legal compliance. Staff should be regularly updated on procedures, including emergency response in case of a spill.
- Maintaining accurate logs of the waste generated and disposed of, including the manifest from the removal company, ensures traceability and accountability, which is vital for regulatory compliance and potential audits.
Your Next Steps
Request a Quote
Request a quote in 10 seconds right here!
Get the Free Guide